Hi, I’m Teddy, musically known as Shinomi. I hail from the island of Grenada and consider my music Afro Pop/Alternative. Locally I am known as a filmmaker and artist, and I create music to be used in some of my video productions.mehr lesen
I am no stranger to the music scene in Grenada. At an early age I was known for my poetry and song writing skills. Usually I perform my music at mostly private events. When singing, I accompany myself with guitar. For the half part of the year I live in Hamburg.
private gigs in Grenada and Hamburg
Soundtrack “New Land”, which I have written and performed (see also on Spotify)
- Warum bist Du Musiker geworden?Poetry has always been one of my first artistic loves. So, music has always been a major part of my life growing up because I loved taking my poems and turning them into songs. It was a way for me to express my emotions, tell stories, create something beautiful with my friends, and share it with my community. I love the challenge of creating something from nothing and the joy of connecting with people through my music because everyone can basically relate to a song.
- Was macht für Dich eine gute Performance aus?A good performance is one that is heartfelt to me. It should be a reflection of the performer’s desire to display the art to its audience in the purest form as possible, and should capture the spirit of the music and the message or story behind it. It should leave a lasting impression on its listeners in a way that captivates them.
- Welcher Auftritt bleibt Dir in besonderer Erinnerung?The gig I remember most was my first ever live performance outdoors. It was at a small gathering in the hill tops of my home country Grenada. A private gathering outside at full moon overlooking the ocean and the village below us. I was so nervous that I almost didn’t do it. But I did, and I’m so glad I did because it was an amazing experience and really good feedback from the persons there. They were so supportive and encouraging, and I felt truly alive being outside in the elements singing. It was a truly magical experience that has captured my imagination for a long time.
- Über welches Repertoire verfügst Du?I offer a variety of genres in my music repertoire, including Afro Caribbean, Soft Rock, R&B, Reggae and Hip-Hop. I’m also open to exploring new styles and experimenting with different sounds.
- Welches Genre spielst Du am liebsten?I generally prefer to write and perform music in the afro Caribbean, soft rock and reggae genres.